About The Holdsworth Center
The Holdsworth Center is an Austin-based non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman of H-E-B, a regional retail company. Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing leaders. We partner with public school districts over five years to help them grow outstanding leaders at all levels so that staff thrive, and students excel in every classroom. At Holdsworth, we believe leadership isn’t just about titles. We make a deep investment in leaders at both the district and campus levels, including teachers who lead students in the classroom and influence and lead their colleagues.
About the position
- The Holdsworth Center is looking for a full-time summer intern to support the marketing and communications team with various projects full-time from May 2020 – August 2020. Rate of pay is $15 per hour and work opportunities include:
- Digital Asset Management – Work with communications team to organize, categorize and transfer all video and photo assets to a digital asset management platform.
- Content Creation – Draft original content for Holdsworth’s blog, social media channels and internal newsletter.
- Metrics Tracking & Reporting – Help collect relevant data from our various digital channels and feed it into a dashboard that will guide content strategy and direction.
- Media Relations – Research long-lead publications and help craft customized pitches and ideas for articles we could submit for publication. Monitor and distribute media stories, draft press releases and perform media outreach on an as-needed basis.
- Conferences – Support relevant conferences and events that enhance our brand awareness. Help craft and submit customized pitches for each opportunity.
- General Project Support –Contribute to a variety of projects on an as-needed basis, including logistical support for special events or coordination of video production.
- Majoring in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Some relevant work experience preferred.
- Job-site can either be located in San Antonio or Austin, but candidate must be willing and able to travel between the two cities on a regular basis. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Thorough, with strong attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit a current resume and a cover letter detailing their interest in the work of The Holdsworth Center by clicking here: Marketing and Communications Paid Internship application
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.