About the Position
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman of H-E-B, a regional retail company. Our mission is to impact, over time, the quality of K-12 public education for all Texas students by supporting and developing leaders. Based in Austin, Texas, our campus and programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist, and a lifelong champion for social justice.
We partner with public school districts over five years to help them grow outstanding leaders at all levels so that staff thrive and students excel in every classroom. At Holdsworth, we believe leadership isn’t just about titles. We make a deep investment in leaders at both the district and campus levels, including teachers who lead students in the classroom and influence and lead their colleagues.
The Holdsworth Center is seeking a Lead Coach who shares a deep commitment to our mission and whose experience and vision will deepen our capacity and enhance our impact as we aim to be of service to public school districts across the state of Texas.
The Lead Coach position is a full-time, remote position. However, suitable applicants must be willing to regularly travel to Texas when public health allows.
Purpose & Responsibilities
The Lead Coach will work in a team led by the Director of Coaching to design, deliver and refine the executive coaching experience that is offered to district leaders and campus leaders as part of our District Leadership Program (DLP) and Campus Leadership Program (CLP): world-class leadership development programs for public school leaders that blend best practices in leadership from inside and outside the education sector. Alongside another Lead Coach and team of executive coaches, you will guide cohorts of district and campus leaders through one-year executive coaching journeys.
You must have a strong desire to help Leaders in our programs thrive in their careers and lead their districts and campuses effectively. We are looking for individuals who share our passion for developing leadership in public education in order to improve the life chances of all students.
Reporting to the Director of Coaching, you will work with talented, mission driven peers in a fast paced, dynamic environment to:
- Support the Director of Coaching to continually improve executive coaching plans for DLP and CLP by incorporating lessons learned from prior cohorts, aimed at increasing the effectiveness of our executive coaching offering to achieve our goals for stronger leaders
- Create systems, processes, assessments, and data collections (leveraging coaching team) that enable us to formatively and summatively assess Leaders’ progress on personal growth goals to drive decision-making and intervention throughout executive coaching that increases Leaders’ success
- Provide executive coaching to Leaders in either DLP or CLP
- Serve as a presenter and facilitator in DLP or CLP regarding personal leadership content that is closely tied to personal leadership and coaching
- Use Holdsworth’s coaching competencies and structured coaching processes to onboard, support, and develop our coaching team to ensure high quality executive coaching
- Continuously work to improve the coaching and facilitation skills of yourself and the team and gain an understanding of the expertise that exists within the coaching team that can be leveraged during coaching support and development
- Monitor the quality and impact of executive coaching at Holdsworth and use that information to support and develop coaching team through regular (bi-monthly minimum) coaching support and development
- Investigate the possibility of leveraging our Learning Management System (LMS) to support the coaching team and assist with testing and implementing new ideas
Desirable candidates will have a range of prior experience and capabilities to include:
- Strong alignment with organizational values—Drive for Excellence & Equity, Be of Service, Believe in People
- Demonstrated commitment to and engagement in learning and actions to promote equity, including conversations about race
- Experience in a leadership development and/or adult learning role (any sector) supporting the development of leaders of organizations through coaching and encouraging a commitment to action and the development of lasting personal growth and change
- Experience delivering a challenging and supportive coaching experience to leaders that both helps them make progress on their own leadership goals and serves as a model of outstanding coaching practice
- Proven ability to facilitate engaging, challenging, and thought-provoking discussion among diverse audiences, manage group dynamics, and use questioning techniques to identify solutions and actions rather than taking a wholly directive approach
- Highly collaborative work style and ability to work well in a team environment, establish good rapport at all levels of the organization, and work with and relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and lead in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, to adapt to an ever changing, growing organization and to bring structure to highly ambiguous or complex topics
- Self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative without waiting for direction, openness to receiving feedback from peers and Holdsworth staff, and deep curiosity and motivation to learn coupled with a strong results-orientation
- Superb time management and organizational skills; the ability to independently manage multiple events at one time at a rapid pace; demonstrated ability to be thorough, with strong attention to detail
- Credibility with school leaders, faculty/experts, and our partner organizations and working knowledge of the education landscape in Texas, including knowledge of the context within which our Leaders work
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) for events
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit a current resume and a cover letter detailing why working at The Holdsworth Center appeals to you along with your interest in the Lead Coach position by clicking here: Lead Coach application. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
If selected for the interview process, next steps are tentatively scheduled to begin mid-January 2021.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.